Friday, April 25, 2008

Farmer's Market

Tomorrow will be the second week that my local farmer's market will be open. I have to admit, I was a bit spoiled through the summer and early fall with fruits and veggies. This early in the season, they have mainly just plants and flowers, but I did score my husband some kale (yuck), which he actually likes.

The farmer's market has a blog and they post what (in general) is available. Looks like they'll have some asparagus tomorrow- yay!

It's also nice because a couple of the farms there are organic. While it costs a little more, I know I'm getting pesticide free produce and supporting local farms. Plus, I figure all the coupons I use balance out the higher cost.

The farmer's market is also fun- my son loves to go! People bring dogs and there's always a baked goods booth people buy a morning snack at. So looking forward to going tomorrow and hopefully I'll get some good things!

No comments: