Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm Not Stinky! (or "More on Deodorant")

Way back when, I posted about antiperspirant vs. deodorant. Two years ago, I was clueless that they were two very distinct products...you can read all about that here.

I was pretty happy using Tom's of Maine Honeysuckle Rose deodorant at that point (which was early June). Ran out of that and moved on to a Tom's of Maine deodorant (unscented). Well, warmer temperatures hit and let's just say I wasn't unscented! What to do? Many of these natural products are well worth the money once you find one that works for you and your particular body chemistry, but who wants to spend a lot of money testing out a product that may or may not work for you?

I was very lucky to find Kiss My Face roll-on deodorant in lavender scent for half price at Target. Now I really don't like lavender, but I figured that this was a good chance to try a new product at a lower cost. Guess what? It's awesome!

It is a liquid roll-on so it is wet for a little while when it goes on but that doesn't bother me. The scent is pretty light and pleasant (and actually doesn't really smell like lavender to me). Best of all, it does control the odor. Way better than Tom's (sorry Tom...but I still like your toothpaste!)

I think the Tom's will be fine to continue using when the weather is cool, and I'll use the Kiss My Face when it's hot out!

1 comment:

Jerry said...

We, too, use the non-antiperspirant choices out there and while there's nothing on the market that gives you insurance in the natural realm that you won't sweat at least it leads to some peace of mind that you're not doing more damage than good to your body.

Jerry
www.leads4insurance.com