Sunday, April 27, 2008

Farmer's Market and Mulch



Well, here's what I got at the farmer's market yesterday- a head of lettuce and asparagus. Haven't eaten the lettuce yet, but the asparagus was GOOD!!!! I hope they have some more next week- I plan to buy double the amount! I can't wait 'til later in the season when more veggies get in.


While I was at the farmer's market, my husband was cutting off all the branches from a dead tree in our yard. He loaded them into the minivan and then we were off to the "dump". The public works department of our county has different areas for whatever you need to drop off.























We went to the entrance that takes branches and leaves and then recycles them into mulch. Literally tons and tons of mulch!


It's nice to know our dead branches are being put to use in someone's garden! Plus, the people who buy the mulch load it right in their trucks...no plastic bags to throw out later.


Plus, our son always likes to see the big mulching vehicles and the HUGE piles of mulch. It's quite an operation.

No comments: