Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wa$ted on Planet Green and Composting

So earlier this week our cable was finally fixed (after about 2 weeks) so I was able to check out the new Planet Green channel. It seems pretty cool...I've really only watched "Wa$ted" and thought it was pretty good.


The show's premise is similar to home makeover shows, except it's an "eco-footprint" make over. The hosts visit homeowners, look at how they currently live and then give suggestions how to reduce their eco-footprint by the 3 R's (reduce, reuse, recycle).

In general, a lot of the "green news" that's coming out is kinda old news, so I didn't think I'd hear anything new...but was pleasantly surprised. One of the things I found out was that you can compost without a huge compost bin in your back yard.

My sister and I were going to go to a composting workshop (we're ecogeeks I guess) but were unable to go since it was the same weekend as Penn State's Blue White game. So composting has been on the back burner until I saw Wa$ted the other day.

Anyway, I did a little searching on the Internet and found this great video on home composting that's simple to understand and easy to do. Check it out.

This is my next project after our epic yard sale this Saturday!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Want me to save my gDiapers (the insert part that is compostable) for you? Just the pee diapers!

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

No thanks- you can keep your baby's compost material :)