Thursday, April 17, 2008

Earth Day is approaching!

Earth Day is April 22nd, but many areas are celebrating Earth Day over the weekend. You can find out Earth Day events in your area by checking the Earth Day website

If you have kids, the EPA has a kid friendly environmental website.

I'll be in Pennsylvania on Saturday, so I'll miss our local Earth Day celebration (unless it rains...then the rain date is Sunday!)

In the meantime, we're doing our same old earth friendly stuff. We're really getting good at NOT using paper towels! Our last roll has been on the dispenser forever! It has not been nearly as hard as I thought it would be. We're also getting rid of our ziplock bag use...we have re-useable containers we pack sandwiches and snacks in.

One thing I still haven't had much success with is finding recycling for #5 containers. It just looks like recycling facilties for #5's are just too limited. So I am keeping all my yogurt containers (I still haven't used my yogurt maker...this confession is my nudge to do it!) and they're piled up on my dining room table to remind me, too.

So back to Earth Day, pray for rain on Saturday so we can make it to the rain date celebration on Sunday :)

No comments: