Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Healthier Mascara

A few posts back, I talked about healthier makeup and how some makeup contains ingredients that aren't so great...ingredients in some of the paints my students use (that I tell them to wash hands immediately after touching). Ewww....

So I have been on a quest to find healthier and more-earth friendly makeup. I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I do use lipstick, eyeliner, shadow and mascara. I found reasonably priced makeup except for mascara, and I liked the way it looked and felt. Except I had no luck with mascara.

The only thing I could find was the nvey eco line which looked great...but mascara for $25 was out of my budget. Finally I found Honeybee Gardens mascara...for $8! Just got it in the mail. I'll have to try it tomorrow and let you know how it is.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I look forward to seeing how you make out with this! I actually threw all of my makeup away when I realized how toxic it was, and I haven't been able to afford to replace it! I'm sure my skin is happy at finally being able to breathe. :) But it would be nice to put on a little make up for special occasions.