Saturday, June 28, 2008

Farmer's Market this weekend


I love going to the Farmer's Market early in the morning. I usually get there around 7 or 7:15 when they open.

There are fruits and vegetables, as well as flowers, herbs, plants, honey and baked goods.
There are also lots of dogs that come. I'll have to take Louie sometime. Below is what I bought: a basil plant (our little herb garden didn't go so well), sugar snap peas, rhubarb, corn, fingerling potatoes, sugar snap peas, spinach (in the bag) and ground beef from a local farm that is hormone and antibiotic free.


There were also black cherries there that I was tempted to get, but they were $5, so I passed. Maybe their price will go down as more cherries ripen :)

So we had a nice local dinner last night of hamburgers made from local beef, corn, and spinach. It was delicious!

No comments: