I don't have a specific topic for today, but there are a couple thoughts I've had over the past few days that may be cheap and/or green but are basically unrelated. So here's the randomness:
1) There's way too much waste in malls. Yesterday my son and I were in a mall. We rarely go to malls because it's the best way I know how to NOT spend my money. I have little self control around a Crate and Barrel. while we were there I thought about all the bags people carried...it seems that it is socially acceptable to take your own bag grocery shopping but if you do it at a mall, you're a freak.
And the trash at the food court...TONS. So many of the food places even use styrofoam. There was no place to recycle soda/juice/water bottles (I sense another one of my annoying letters coming on). Don't you think those places could use the kind of cafeteria trays with separate compartments for food? I mean, they wash the trays anyway...
2) I'm afraid of my compost bin. I have been a bad composter lately and have not stirred it up or added enough browns...and it's a little stinky. I'm going to empty the decayed stuff in my garden. We'll see...wish me luck!
3) There are a lot of little things that I forget about when trying to be green. For a long time I just threw the toilet paper rolls in the trash because there was a trashcan in the bathroom. One day it hit me...duh...toilet paper rolls are paper- why am I not recycling them? So I'm going to try not to overlook the obvious :)
4) I have sunflower seeds to plant. My aunt gave me some sunflowers chock full of seeds to plant. She even gave me a HUGE one (about a foot in diameter) full of seeds. This big one was named "George"and my uncle was sad to see it go. So if I am lucky, next year I can have sunflowers in my yard.
5) Coupons are awesome. Coupons used for sale items at the grocery today saved me A LOT. I can't believe people throw out coupons (or recycle them, LOL). My bill at the grocery today BEFORE I used my bonus card and coupons was $142. After bonus card and coupons....$78. That makes me feel a little better with all these rising prices.
Okay, I'm off to tackle the compost. Let's hope my next entry isn't about how I discovered Bigfoot in the compost bin...although at this point, that's what it looks like in there!
The Best E Liquid Brands
4 months ago