Friday, August 15, 2008

Sewing a Spy Bag

About 3 years ago I got a really nice sewing machine for Christmas. I have used it on and off over the past couple years, but I am one of those people that really has to be in the mood to sew.
This morning my son was saying he wished he had a spy bag (translation: messenger type bag to keep his spy related toys in). Since our summer is rapidly disappearing, I figured that could be a fun project for the day.

We rooted through my fabric drawer, chose some fabric and I started.

I've never taken a sewing class or had any sort of instruction, so I can get something together but I know while I am doing it that I am not doing it in the most efficient (or even correct) manner! But in the end, things look ok, maybe not as finished as someone with more experience or talent, but my end products are useful and ok looking.

Well, my son's "spy bag" turned out pretty well! I even put some little pockets in it with extra fabric. It doesn't have a lining inside, which I considered but figured it wasn't worth the effort.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Your sewing freakin' rocks! Dave wants you to make him something out of his old torn flyfishing waders!